Case | MEGAUNITY VOCs Management Solutions Enable Energy Saving and Carbon Emission Reduction in the Lithium Battery Industry
Compared to traditional gasoline-powered vehicles, new energy vehicles can reduce carbon emissions and decrease air pollution, making them an industry that China is vigorously developing to achieve its dual carbon goals. Lithium-ion batteries possess advantages such as high energy density, long lifespan, environmental friendliness, and safety, making them the most widely used electric vehicle battery materials currently. During the production process of lithium-ion batteries, complex waste gases are generated. If not addressed promptly, these not only pollute the environment and affect the health of operating workers but also influence the performance of lithium-ion batteries. Consequently, lithium battery manufacturers are increasingly prioritizing the issue of waste gas treatment in their production processes.
A lithium battery manufacturing plant, aiming to improve its production environment and further reduce carbon emissions, plans to upgrade its existing VOCs management system. Megaunity Air System Co., Ltd., based on onsite measured data and addressing the challenges in the current system's treatment, has provided an efficient and energy-saving VOCs solution for the plant.
• The system is designed with a total air volume of 15,000 m³/h.
• The waste gas components include organic waste gases generated from the evaporation of organic solvents such as NMP, ethyl methyl carbonate (EMC), and dimethyl carbonate (DEC), as well as oil mist and fluorinated inorganic substances.
MEGAUNITY combines customer requirements and analysis of gas source characteristics, adopting front-end treatment + electrically heated RTO as the main treatment equipment for this VOCs solution. Different pre-treatment and post-treatment processes are formulated to address varying characteristics of waste gas volume, composition, and concentration, ensuring that the waste gas treatment facilities meet requirements for safety, energy efficiency, and emission standards.
1. The waste gas collection system is optimized through design, reducing the resistance in waste gas collection and transportation, and saving operational costs.
2. Valves possess high stability and reliability, enabling flexible switching between multiple system modes.
3. A modular structural design is utilized to maximize space utilization and reduce the occupied area.
4. Under appropriate waste gas concentrations, self-sustaining operation can be achieved without additional energy input, resulting in low operating costs.
5. Multiple safety protection measures are in place to ensure the safe and stable operation of the system. Comprehensive safety interfacing contingencies and safety risk assessments are conducted, including a HAZOP analysis prior to project implementation, ensuring the system's safety requirements are met.
The project has been successfully commissioned, and the emission concentration after waste gas treatment complies with relevant standard regulations such as the Comprehensive Emission Standard for Air Pollutants (GB16297-1996), the Emission Standard for pollutants from the Battery Industry (GB30484-2013), and the Emission Standard for Odorous Pollutants (GB1454-93/ Draft for Comments).
For the waste gas generated during the production process of lithium batteries, it is necessary to select appropriate treatment methods based on its components and properties. Lithium battery enterprises should consider their own situations, choose suitable waste gas management technologies, taking into account factors such as operating costs, ease of maintenance and operation, and the ability to sustain stable compliance.
MEGAUNITY can customize system design and optimization based on actual working conditions, helping clients address difficulties in waste gas treatment, create a green production environment, and support zero-carbon transformation across the upstream and downstream of the new energy industry.
Industrial Air Handling System Solutions Provider
No.300, Dongxin Road, Wuzhong District, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
No.8, Shuzi 3rd Road, DD Port, Dalian Jinpu New Area, Liaoning, China